15 April 2008

Caudalie Soin des Levres (Lip Conditioner)

This lip balm is terrific. I bought in Paris last fall (I’ve seen it in the states, too) at a tiny pharmacy near my hotel in the 6th arrondisement. I love how there are little, independent pharmacies on every street in France. Each one is full of new treasures—soaps and lotions and brands I’ve never heard of. Anyway, on my last trip to Paris I only brought a carry-on backpack, and I was wicked concerned with the whole “liquids on the plane” deal. I had my little Ziploc baggie FULL with shampoo and lotion and sunscreen and didn’t bring along a chapstick or lip balm. (Half the fun of traveling is buying little things like that anyway!) I didn't think I'd need any as I had two tubes of lipgloss. After a few days of walking in the sun, though, my lips were parched! Lip Conditioner was a lifesaver. I got it in “sensitive” so it wouldn’t have any extra fragrance. It’s a treat! It’s a lip balm but shaped like a lipstick. Super fancy. It smells like marshmallows. Its non-scent sends me straight back to Paris. This balm sinks in pretty fast so I do need to reapply occasionally. But it goes on clear. I paid about 6 euros for it. Photo to follow, once I get Internet back at home!

No comments: