17 October 2007

Narciso Rodriguez For Her Eau de Parfum

Tonight I'm reviewing one of my favorite perfumes, ever: Narciso Rodriguez For Her Eau de Parfum. I smelled this for the first time at a perfume show at Nordstrom about a year ago. The perfume show, while fun, was exhausting. My nose was wrecked after smelling so many scents at once in a small room-- and too many fruity/florals-- and I was tired of overly-smiley, borderline-pushy sales associates shoving their wares under my nose. The small, understated (and pink!) Narciso Rodriguez table in the corner of the room was a respite, calling my name.

It's gorgeous. It's Egyptian musk that isn't overly animal or musty. It melts into my skin and smells like a warm human. It starts off with a slight peach hit and slowly warms up into amber, sandalwood and musk. I get a little bit of rose at first, too, but I would not call this a floral scent. It's the kind of scent that smells like comfort-- like burying your nose into your loved one's hair. After I bought it I wore it for three months straight. I literally forgot all my other perfumes. It's the closest to my signature scent as I've ever smelled (up there with Joy by Jean Patou and Chanel No. 19).

The Eau de Toilette is remarkably different. It's more tinny and metallic and fruity. It sours on my skin. And the lotion and creme don't smell anything like the EDP. I did, however, buy the scented powder. All products are available at Sephora, Nordstrom and Macy's. I'm almost finished with that first bottle; I bought my second bottle at the Nordstrom perfume show last spring!



No comments: